Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby weight

So I had been thinking about what to post today. I was deciding between freezer meals and weight loss. I ended up deciding to post about weight loss because I know there are a lot of women that want to lose weight after a c-section. I have had 4 c-sections. My newest c-section was 5 almost 6 months ago. I have been working out and controlling my eating. I have lost 19 pounds and a few inches.

So everything thing that I have read says what will help you get rid of the pooch and loose skin are the same work outs. So I am going to give you them and a little motivation. When I got married to my husband I was 210 pounds and 5 feet 6 inches. Now just a year later and a after having a baby. I am 191 and 5 feet 6 inches. Here are some of the exercises I used to help aid my weight loss.

4 Point Tummy Vacuum
Get on your hands and knees take a deep breath in and then breath out. Pull your belly button in to your spine and hold for 10 seconds and do 10 reps of this.


Pelvis Tilt
Lay on your back with your hands out or on your stomach. Put your feet flat on the floor with your knees bent and breath in deeply and breath out. Tilt your pelvis and hold for 10 seconds. Do 10 reps.

Plank
After a c-section it will be easier on you to do the modified plank. (On your knees) Do this for 30 seconds on your elbows and knees. You will want to make sure your tuck your pelvis under.

Reverse Crunch
Lay on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Slowly lift your hips and feet towards your head lifting off the floor about an inch and then back down to the starting position. This will help your lower abdominal muscles.

Now I have been doing these along with cardio to help melt off the extra pounds. I am still far from thin but that is because I am over weight.But I am getting there. What I do to keep motivated is I have a motivation board in my house. I have a photo of me in a swimsuit (Eww) and a lot of photos for motivation plus I found this little website that is awesome and it shows you what you look like now and what you will look like when you reach your goal weight. Here is the link to it. Model My Diet 

If you need a workout for cardio here is a killer one.
  • Jump rope- 1 minute
  • High knees- 1 minute
  • Butt kicks- 1 minute
  • Jumping Jacks- 1 minute
  • Burpees- 20 of them
  •  RUN FOR 10 MINUTES
  •  Jump rope- 1 minute
  •  High knees- 1 minute
  •  Butt kicks- 1 minute
  •  Jumping Jacks- 1 minute
  • Push ups- 10 of them
  • Tricep dips-  10 of them
  •  RUN FOR 10 MINUTES
  •   Jump rope- 1 minute
  •  High knees- 1 minute
  •  Butt kicks- 1 minute
  •  Jumping Jacks- 1 minute
  • Mountain climbers- 1 minute
  • Burpees- 20 of them 
  •   RUN FOR 10 MINUTES
Photos for motivation!!













No comments:

Post a Comment